Friday 29 April 2022

WHY I STOPPED COLLECTING MONEY AS AN INSTRUMENTALIST.

WHY I STOPPED COLLECTING MONEY AS AN INSTRUMENTALIST.

PLS READ WITH UNDERSTANDING.

I grew up from a home where we were taught to work for God freely.

I remember my kid brother once received a call to come and collect his own share of money late Evangelist Reinhard B shared for all the instrumentalists that functioned at his crusade.

My late mum asked my junior brother you mean they paid you people for working for God?

She told my brother never to collect the money and allow God to reward him.

NOW THIS IS MY STORY-
Several years ago I was been paid as a church pianist. 
When you missed a service or rehearsal, a particular amount will be deducted from your allowance.

So I became so committed not because of service but I wouldn't want to loose a penny from my allowance.

Sometimes our pastor removed our tithe before handling over the allowance to us because he certainly knew we won't pay the tithe.

We hardly give offering not to talk of paying tithe. For me I was happy because he was really helping me to pay tithe..lol

One FAITHFUL day a guest preacher was invited to the church and he preached on TRUE SERVICE.

I will never forget that message..IT IS MORE BLESSED TO GIVE THAN TO RECEIVE.

WOW! I went home sad, couldn't sleep at night...his words kept ringing in my ears throughout the night.

Then suddenly I remembered my mom words again " never you get paid for working for God"

This was my personal encounter pls note that. I went to my then pastor and begged him never to pay me again.

He actually thought I was angry or a church has offered me a higher pay.
I told him no I'll be fine.

I remembered his PA once ran after me with my allowance but I refused then he insisted that pastor said is just a gift from him.

I collected the money and dropped in the offering box quietly.

I didn't tell my other instrumentalists my decision. 

One day i sat on my Piano playing for a guest speaker from the US, suddenly the man called me up and gave me some pounds from his pocket.

A month later someone gave me a car gift and free accommodation.

In another program a prophet called me up, empty a bottle of water on my head with heavy prophetic word that leads to what I'm doing today.

One day a woman called me after service to her car and opened the boot ,I almost fainted when I saw the foodstuffs she brought for me.

My guys started asking me Larry why are you the only person receiving all these blessings. 

I later opened up to them how I stopped collecting the monthly allowance. 
Then some of them took the same decision and also began to see changes.

For the past 15 years have never been paid for any service render to God but God has proven Himself FAITHFUL. 

I ordered all my sons and daughters to pay their tithe to their local churches.

I have used up to 4cars I didn't buy with my money in the place of service.

I have given instrumentalists money severally and they refused.

Some musicians play for us and sow instead of collecting from me. 

One pastor once asked me my secret.

All could say is We have also sowed the seed of service so I'm not surprise.

EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS KINGDOM IS BASED ON PERSONAL CONVICTION.

I'm not against any pastor paying their workers neither against people under a pay role in their churches.

There's nothing wrong encouraging people but at the same time let's be sure our service to God is genuine and not monetized.

MY TAKE. 
I HOPE THIS WILL BLESS SOMEONE.


No comments:

Post a Comment